I Prefer Kittens & Puppies

I Prefer Kittens & Puppies
Apparently, I am cursed? blessed? with breakdowns lately. This weekend was one of the hardest of my life (not pertaining to my writing, btw). I will not name names, but suffice it to say it's been rough. Real rough. I'm trying my best to go with the flow and not "be" any certain way. I'm an unusually upbeat type. To quote my mc from my book who bares a striking resemblance to her creator: I consider myself a staunch optimist, and optimists don't think or talk about pain. We prefer happy thoughts. Flowers. Kittens. Puppies. That sort of thing. I couldn't have said it better myself (;-).

I know life has its ups and downs, ins and outs, and all those other relevant and annoying cliche's, and I know I'll make it through. But it's still pretty damn rough. Like George Harrison sang so beautifully many years ago, "All things must pass - all things must pass away..." Also, my beautiful and brilliant sister, Laurie, reminded me that the path to the light of the soul is often found through melancholy and sadness. I have one thing to say to that: "OK, soul. You can stop blinding me now!"
You have read this article breakdowns / flowers / George Harrison / kittens / Laurie / optimists / puppies / soul with the title I Prefer Kittens & Puppies. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-prefer-kittens-puppies.html. Thanks!