Baltimore Bliss

Baltimore's the bomb! I'm here with Chuck and my parents, and we're staying in the Inner Harbor area, which is fun, beautiful, and lively. Duck Tours, trolley rides, water taxis, museums, shops and amazing seafood abound. Chuckie is taking a class from Johns Hopkins for his MPH program - Masters of Public Health - which is the "reason" we're here. Well, it's the reason he's here. The three of us are tagging along mainly for the kickass seafood.

We're staying at the Marriott Waterfront overlooking the marina, which is awesome. However, if I won the lottery I'd buy a condo at the Ritz Carlton waterside. They're absofreakingmagnificent! Of course, for over a million dollars, they should be. I'd also buy a nice, modest-sized yacht in the $250,00-500,000 range - you know, so I could more easily get to dinner at the Rusty Scupper, Oceanaire, Ruth's Chris, or McCormick and Schmick's. After all, I wouldn't want to ruin my sparkly, new, imaginary, 4" spike Manolo Blahniks walking from my multi-million dollar condo to a plethora of expensive restaurants. Plus, I'd love to have my own skipper, or whatever the hell it is you call the topless, ripped, male model who steers your imaginary boat.

Tonight we went to Camden Yards and watched the Mets beat the Orioles 6-4. The birds made a valiant comeback in the bottom of the ninth, but they couldn't overcome the awesomeness of My Mets. (For those of you paying particularly close attention, I'm also a Colorado Rockies fan. But before I knew there was land beyond the Hudson, I was a Mets fan and, as everyone knows, you never fully get over your first love. LET'S GO METS!!!)

I hope you enjoy these photos taken from our time at Longwood Gardens in PA as well as in Baltimore. Chuck and I will be here through Saturday, but unfortunately, Mom and Dad are heading back to Denver tomorrow. It's been great, as always, spending time together. I look forward to doing it again soon...;-)
You have read this article Baltimore / Johns Hopkins / Longwood Gardens / Mets / Ritz Carlton with the title Baltimore Bliss. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/06/baltimore-bliss.html. Thanks!