Cheers to 2011!

Another year has come and gone, and what a year it has been. It was, without a doubt, the most difficult year of my life. However, in spite of that, the year was filled with many wonderful moments, a heightened appreciation for family and friends, and much devout soul-searching. These moments and people are part of what have shaped the "me" I am today: richer in spirit; more aware of who I am; more aware of my strengths and weaknesses.

Things I learned in 2010:
  • When you're going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)
  • Friends and family are the glue of life. (My gratefulness can not be properly expressed in words.)
  • There truly is a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • I have the stick-to-it-ive-ness to complete as many drafts of my work as necessary.
  • Cabo San Lucas is a sublimely beautiful place.
  • It's not only okay, but essential to lean heavily on the people you love when you're going through tough times.
  • Mumford and Sons are fiercely talented.
  • I have the ability to unplug a stopped-up sink! (Who knew?)

What I hope to learn in 2011:
  • How to live powerfully on my own.
  • How to create an unimagined friendship with my soon-to-be-ex; one that brings joy to me, him and, most importantly, our children.
  • What it feels like to have my book on submission and sold.
  • How to love my children more and be a better mom.
  • What more of my passions are, and how to express them and my current passions in a more disciplined way.
  • How to deeply love again.
  • How to contribute through volunteering.
  • What it's like to hold my new niece or nephew in my arms. (Thanks, Michelle and Travis!)
  • What it feels like to stand on European soil.
  • How not to be bitter.
  • How to be the best possible version of me.
Those are some of my goals for the New Year. What are some of yours?

Our lives are measured, in part, by "years." So, cheers to 2011! Here's to all of us making it one of the best years of our lives.
You have read this article 2011 / Happy New Year with the title Cheers to 2011!. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2010/12/cheers-to-2011.html. Thanks!