Baby Bump Alert! (Bet You Didn't Even Know I Was Pregnant!)

MURDER ON SONGBIRD LANE is starting to kick. Small, barely noticeable tingles that feel like butterfly wings fluttering against my skin. 2,000 words in, I feel lost, unsure, incapable, and incredibly excited. This is a miracle - creation at its base level emerging into the physical world.

I said to my husband last night, "I'm in labor, honey, and it's going to be a long, drawn out delivery. Bet you didn't even know I was pregnant!" He laughed. He's used to living with a writer. "Yup," he said, "I'll support you however I can. I'll even cut the cord when it's time."

Ah, yes, cutting the cord. I just did that with MURDER ON TWILIGHT CIRCLE. It wasn't easy and it wasn't pretty. I didn't want to let go of my beautiful new baby, but, alas, it was time. I've sent it on its way, watching as it spreads its wings and makes its mark in the world (five partials and one full, so far - not bad for a newborn!).

So, to all you writers who are in the long, sometimes painful, and often thrilling birthing process, may you have the strength, endurance, and deep love to bring that baby to life.

And, you thought men couldn't give birth?

*This post was inspired by my beautiful sister, Michelle, who is weeks away from giving birth to her first baby (how cute is she?!), and by Sara Megibow at Nelson Literary Agency. You simply must read this post!

And, yup, the fat, little, nugget above is me!
You have read this article birthing a baby / men giving birth / pregnancy with the title Baby Bump Alert! (Bet You Didn't Even Know I Was Pregnant!). You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/08/baby-bump-alert-bet-you-didn-even-know.html. Thanks!