Picture Frame Jewelry Organizer

In case you missed it here's the guest post I did a few weeks back over on Jessa Jill...



Picture Frame Jewelry Organizer:





While I was down visiting my family a couple weeks ago, I noticed my 16 year old sister had jewelry everyyyywherrrre! And since the kidlets and I were staying in her room (and they love jewelry possibly even more than I do-yep even my little boy) they were constantly getting into it. I figured rather than have to buy her all new jewelry I'd just make her something to store it all on so I wouldn't have to keep little hands out of it. And it's SO cute so why not?!





Here's a quick tutorial in case you want to make your own!



First I found a cheap $2 frame at a thrift store:





My sister picked out the colors that she wanted and she chose this pretty aqua/turquoisy color :)





Next the hubby and I went and picked up an {ultra} thin piece of plywood from the hardware store and he cut it (using a utility knife since my mom didn't have a saw-the preferred and normal way to cut wood :) ) to fit the frame.









After picking some fabric out of my mom's stash we glued in to the wood using wood glue-making sure to pull tightly against the board so the fabric laid flat.









The finished board fit perfectly, snuggly into the frame as it was, so no extra support was needed to hold it in.





I screwed in 6 medium hooks (that I spray painted black) into the upper portion of the fabric board; meant to be used for necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc.





3 large hooks into the wood on the bottom of the actual frame to hang bigger items like scarves, hats, chunky bracelets, etc.





The very top of the fabric board I was going to screw in 5 small hooks for earrings, and then remembered my sister doesn't have her ears pierced so I didn't end up putting them in, but that's what the empty space on top is for! :)





And that's it! So simple, so cute and so fun for ANY girl ANY age! I'm on the lookout now for the perfect frame to make my own!





Thanks for spending some time with me this week! I'm headed to sunny St. George for the weekend; see you back here next week! Have a Sweetly Lovely day!



Linking this post up to THESE great parties as well as:

UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!





You have read this article with the title Picture Frame Jewelry Organizer. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/picture-frame-jewelry-organizer.html. Thanks!