Ah... Love Sweet Love

To Chuck, Chris & Lisa in Santa Barbara. Happy Valentine's Day. I wish you peace, love, laughter and transformation.

I thought I'd share bits and pieces of my lyrics on the topic of love today (in chronological order, just for fun.) I hope you enjoy!


From "Mystic Waves" my love song to the sea: (10.19.80)
My love for her life equals her love for mine
She guides me with her honest ways
Dances me on her mystic waves
And commands me to caress her timeless soul
And calls me deeper, ever deeper into her
Wither her magic chants - her magic chants

From "Marigold": (10.1.81)
Your essence is a rainbow, dip me in your strands of gold
For I'm a river never-ending, and you're my Marigold
Tell it to me once, cause darlin', once is all I need
When you say you love me, Marigold, well that's all I seee
Your love is of the mountains, your love is of the spring
I've watched you from a distance, see what I see...

From "Diamonds" a love song to my family when I first moved from Colorado to California to pursue my musical dreams: (12.19.81)
Running back home where the snow sometimes falls, finding shelter in the arms of it all
Knowing our ties won't be severed in time - that's a wonder I'll treasure it like a diamond in my mind
You are my diamonds, I find
So hold me closer to you, closer all the time
Know I do love you, yes I love you, well I love you all the time

From "A Sunset Away" for Chuckie: (9.15.83)
And when I look into your eyes, I feel the fire of nights gone by
And as I reach to find a flame, I know it won't be back again
The light of day is just a game and night-time soars across the sky
Stay with me 'til the end of days - How many fires are left to find?

From "Caught in a Dream" for Chuckie: (9.29.84)
I'm caught in a dream tonight
I feel only peace tonight
I look in your eyes to find it...
I'll brush away your tears tonight
And my mind is set on you, just one moment will pull us through
This life's not what it seems, meanings are hard to find
So take my hands tonight, our dreams will be real in time
And my mind is set on you, just one moment will pull us through

From "Stand Still With Me" for Chuckie: (12.31.86)
The snow comes down
Without a sound
I'll bring you gently down with me
In your eyes lies the tide
I want to ride on endlessly
Will we find the way to see?
All I want is you and me
Will we ever know this dream?
Will we ever let it be?

From "Dream Come True" a love song to our first-born son, Adam (and as a premonition for our second son, Ethan): (12.24.89)
Speak softly to me, my love - Tell me the things you're dreaming of
Speak sweetly, my love - I see you come from up above
You are the magic in my soul, you're every dream I've ever known
When you're looking up at me, well I can see
You're my dream come true, I love all the things you do
You're my dream come, and it's true, how I love you

From
"Sweet Life" for my mom and dad: (9.10.95)
And in my hands, oh mother dear, I hold your precious face
Years of love and dreams and tears that nothing can replace
And in your thoughts, oh father of mine, do you ever hear me say
"My love for you is beautiful, don't ever go away"
Slow it down, keep your feet on the ground, it all goes by so fast
I pray you'll have a sweet life - make every moment last

From "Pray For Love" for Chuckie: (2.18.96)
I'm taking a chance with you risking the dance with you every day
I'm saving a place for you promise you will be true some way
I'm walking through fires for you pain and desires for you every day
And when you come to me, well you run to me and you say
Pray for love and always take it with you, always take it with you
Pray for love and always take it with you, take it with you
Oh what the price could be to sail on your silver sea, away
I hold out my hands for you hoping to pull you through each day
In your eyes is a mystery sacred for me to see, I pray
You reach out your hands for me and whisper your secret dream and you say
Pray for love and always take it with you, always take it with you
Pray for love and always take it with you, take it with you
As the magic is shown to you, we will make it through, you say
You'll walk through the fires for me, never let me be far away
And as time marches on through time, I'll be yours - you're mine, we say
And I'll walk through the fires for you, the pains the desires with you every day
And we'll say, pray for love and always take it with you always take it with you
Pray for love and always take it with you, take it with you

From "Deep" for Chuck: (10.13.96)
You live so deep within my heart
I know that we may never part
Have I told you just how strong I feel?
Can you tell me, is this love for real?
Hold on tight, don't let me go
Without you I don't want to know...

From "Rooftops" for Chuck: (4.16.00)
As you walk through heaven, do you see me there?
With your stars and your diamonds and your angel's stare
I love you so completely, would I ever dare...
To shout it from the rooftops, scream it everywhere
As you hold forever in your mighty hands
Will you take me with you to your promised land?
I love you so completely, do I even dare...
To shout it from the rooftops, scream it everywhere
Is it any wonder that there are angels up in heaven?
It is any wonder you're my - you're my angel here on earth?

From "Love Falls" a song we wrote and performed for my sister, Michelle and her husband, Travis at their wedding: (written 5.13.07) Wedding: 7.1.07
Love fell upon them wide as the sea
Love fell upon them in sweet harmony
Bring your love to me, I pledge my heart to thee
As one in love we'll be - with you my soul is free
She looked upon him, eyes bright and true
She saw a new life come into view
He looked upon her and suddenly knew
This was a love that would see them through
Love falls upon us as wide as the sea
Love falls upon us in sweet harmony
Love falls upon us, bright as the sun
Love falls upon us as two become one

From "More Than a Lifetime" (11.9.08)
In the morning I think of you and the times we've had
In the evening I think of you and I can't be sad
In the daylight I come to you and you take my hand
In the nighttime I dream of you - who can understand?
We've walked through all the fires, braved all the wars, shared so many lifetimes, seen it all before - We've walked through all the fires, braved many storms, shared more than a lifetime
Shared more than a lifetime
In a moment I think of you - all the dreams we dared
All the madness and all the love so deep and so rare
How many ways can you hurt someone, how many tears must be cried?
How many ways can you lift me up higher than the skies?

To my amazingly glorious family (see pic below), friends and wonderful blogging friends out there - thanks for lifting me up higher than the skies!

Happy Valentine's Day to All!

You have read this article lyrics / true love / Valentine's Day with the title Ah... Love Sweet Love. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/02/ah-love-sweet-love.html. Thanks!