Life Can Be Harsh!

Rock Princess or Nerd?
I'm thinking there may be something very wrong with me. I got a new Thesaurus and Dictionary this weekend and felt like I was on a shoe-shopping spree at DSW while eating a giant Toblerone bar. I've never thought of myself as the nerdy type, but now I'm starting to wonder. I looked myself in the mirror and said, "Self, this isn't how a proper rock and roll princess-slash-novel writer acts, is it?" And do you know what I replied? "Apparently, it is, you idiot. Deal with it." Wow. That was harsh.

The Synopsis that Never Ends
After reading Jessica Faust's blog yesterday on The Synopsis, I've spent the better part of the last 24 hours revising mine. I don't have time for this nonsense. I've got a new book to write and laundry to do. However, I realize if I'm going to have any chance of getting Sparks Fly Sometimes published, I'd better spit-shine and polish not only the ms, but the synopsis as well. I guess Amelia Brennan will have to wait a little longer to see if I can figure out who killed her. Sorry, Amelia. Deal with it. (Wow. That was harsh!)

BTW: I've been asked when this pic of me was taken (the one with the guitar. The one with the glasses was taken when I was seven.;-)) It was almost two years ago at a photo shoot in Philly w/a GREAT photographer - Steven Langdon. If you're in the area and looking for a talented photographer at reasonable prices, give Steven a call.
You have read this article Rock princess; Toblerone; nerd; harsh with the title Life Can Be Harsh!. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/02/life-can-be-harsh.html. Thanks!