Can You Say "Thankful?" or Not Exactly Jerry Seinfeld

This post told me it feels like the comedian who has to go on stage following Jerry Seinfeld - not a good position to be in.

In all seriousness, the comments and well wishes from my agent-announcing post blew my mind. I am so lucky to be a part of such an amazing writing community. I must have done something right in a past life to have the privilege of "hanging out" with you in this one. I am blessed in so many ways, and am deeply thankful for your support.

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
Here's a shortlist of things I'm most thankful for:
* Family
* Friends (in person and virtual)
* Health
* Talents
* My awesome new agent (*squee*!!!)
* Living in America (i.e., freedom)
* Beautiful home & food on the table
* My kids are not serial killers (at least, not that I know of, and where teenagers are concerned, I adhere to the motto "ignorance is bliss")

Again, this is a very short list. I mean, I didn't even mention my new rocking knee-high black boots or my monthly manis and pedis. (Please don't ask where they'd fall on the list! I'm not a very good liar.)

What are you thankful for this season?

DENVER AGAIN!
I arrived in Denver with my honey last night. I got to see my breathtakingly beautiful 10-week-old niece, Devyn, and many family members as well. Sadly, I didn't get to hold her in my arms and shower her with kisses since I've got an annoying cold, but I did a whole lot of staring. Here are a couple of pics of my honey holding her. Jealous? Who me?

I'll be kicking back and enjoying this week of Thanksgiving by hanging out with family and friends, eating lots of great food, and watching football. I'm excited to see my BFF Julie, since she'll also be out visiting family.

Next week, I'll get back into my regular blogging mode. Stay tuned for things like what it's like to receive your first Editorial Notes and Contract in the mail from your shiny new agent, how scary/awesome it is to have real deadlines, and how amazing it feels to (finally!) hold your precious niece in your arms.

Thanks, folks. I'll be appearing here every Thursday night right after Jerry. And remember, the more you drink, the funnier I sound! (ba-dop-bum!)
You have read this article Giving thanks / Jerry Seinfeld with the title Can You Say "Thankful?" or Not Exactly Jerry Seinfeld. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/11/can-you-say-or-not-exactly-jerry.html. Thanks!