Let's Hear it For Peace & Harmony or The Stories We Choose to Tell Ourselves

I'm reading a book by Byron Katie called, "Loving What Is." It's a transformational journey based on four questions that, when applied to a specific problem, enable you to see what is troubling you in an entirely different light. The LA Times says, "Her method can cut through years of self-delusion and rationalizations." Like Katie says, "It's not the problem that causes our suffering; it's our thinking about the problem."

Rather than fighting what is in life, try embracing it. Instead of thinking something or someone "should" or "should not" be a certain way, embrace the way it/he/she is. You may as well. After all, that's what is.

As some of you know, I've been going through a pretty rough time in my life. Or, so I thought. I'm actually just going through my life. I'm at a crossroads - a time of transition - but it's only rough if that's the story I choose to tell myself and believe. Instead, I'm choosing a different story. One of peace, harmony, gratitude, appreciation, and deep, deep love.

This book has entered my life at the exact perfect time. To Mollie and Keri: I love and appreciate your friendship more than I can ever say. Thanks for introducing me to Katie and for always being there for me.

If this sounds interesting to you and/or you're up for a little transformation in your life, here's the link to buy the book on Amazon.com.

WRITING UPDATE:
I'm more than halfway through my edits on Draft #5 of my YA novel. I'm loving it and hope Awesome Agent will feel the same way when she reads it. No matter what, I'm enjoying the process and am grateful for the opportunity to write. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Enjoy the rest of your week and do your best to love what is in your life.Justify Full
You have read this article Byron Katie / Loving What Is with the title Let's Hear it For Peace & Harmony or The Stories We Choose to Tell Ourselves. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2010/06/let-hear-it-for-peace-harmony-or.html. Thanks!