Words = Power

Words are powerful, which is a big part of the reason we writers write. Someone posted the following line on Twitter yesterday, and I have declared it my new personal mantra:

Pain is inevitable, suffering optional.

This got me thinking about what phrases are most powerful to me - which ones do I "reach for" in order to help me through life or just to make me smile. Here are a few of my personal favorites:




  • You're a slave to money and then you die. (Verve - Bittersweet Symphony)
  • What goes around, comes around.
  • When you're going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)
  • It's all a bunch of bullshit. (My friend and I made this up while working together as interior designers!)
  • Tomorrow's another day.
  • Living well is the best revenge.
  • Choose your battles wisely.
  • Everything happens for the best. (My nana used to always say this.)
  • Follow your passion, follow your heart.
These are a few of my personal favorites. I'd love to hear some of yours!
You have read this article phrases with the title Words = Power. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/words-power.html. Thanks!