DIY Valentine Candy Jars

Well I promised you a little XOX, and the only thing that can make LOVE sweeter is...candy right?! So today I've got a quick-SO easy-DIY candy jar craft!


I started with 3 glass canisters from Hobby Lobby (I bought them when they were 50% off so they were only $2 each), 3 candlesticks (from the thrift store .50 each), pink and white valentine taffy from the dollar store and red vinyl.

I spray painted the lids of the canisters black (they were originally silver) as well as the candlesticks and glued the jars to the candlesticks using E6000. Then I filled the jars with candy, cut the letters XOX out of red vinyl using my cricut and stuck them on the jars. Done!






If you were in the crafty blogging world last year there is no way you missed Amy's post-from The Idea Room-on her Tissue Paper Rosette Balls (or kissing balls). It BLEW up the blog-o-sphere and I for one am a big fan of riding on bandwagon's so I whipped up a few for myself!


Amy's tutorial is perfect so since there's no need to re-invent the wheel, I'll just tell ya I used:
-3" Styrofoam balls (a pack of 6 for about $4 from Hobby Lobby)
-a roll of white and pink crepe paper ($1 each)
-100% of my patience (felt like I should have been paid $100 an hour)
-1 bag of peanut butter m&m's (.79)
-and a few dozen episodes of Modern Family (priceless)


I love these so much I'm almost tempted to whip up a few more...except it wouldn't be whip up it'd be...pull my hair out, 500 3rd degree glue gun burns, 500 lots more m&m's...ya I'll think I'll just keep it as is. :)


Anyone shocked I haven't shared my Valentine wreath with you yet?! Don't worry it's already made and hung and made of...felt! (surprise surprise :) ) Aaaaand I'll be sharing it soon! Have a wonderful Monday all you Lovelies!

Linking up to these great parties as well as:
You have read this article with the title DIY Valentine Candy Jars. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2012/01/diy-valentine-candy-jars.html. Thanks!