Don't Let Time Command at All, Just Make Sure You Hear it Call...

Love this picture. Circles have no beginning and no end, as does much of life. Life is filled with cycles. Watching children grow and experience things we did, caring for our parents as they once cared for us, and birth to death to birth again... (in many Eastern faiths.) Life, in so many ways, comes full circle

Since I got such lovely comments on my lyrics in my last post, I figured I'd ride that egotistical wave a bit longer. The title to this post is from a song I wrote before most of you were probably born. (Seriously. I wrote it in 1980.) I actually co-wrote it with a dear friend whose name I won't mention (cough, Erich, cough). It's about finding love and reaching for your dreams. Funny how some things never change... Here are the lyrics:

Hear it Call
Dreaming dreams along the way
If you slow down you'll fall astray
Finding what you
need in love
Knowing you'll soon rise above

Remnants of you fade away
Searching for the way to say

Loving is the only way
Let me in and let me stay

Learning all the secrets and knowing how to play the game...

I can feel it coming on
To turn your back on love is wrong
Don't let time command at all
Just make sure you hear it call

Forever is a long, long time
Don't let anger plague your mind
Passion is the key to see
You will find your way to me

Learning all the secrets and knowing how to play the game...

I can feel it coming on
To turn your back on love is wrong
Don't let time command at all
Just make sure you hear it call

What dreams have you left in the dust because too much time has passed, you're too old, or you just don't "have it in you" anymore? What new dreams have you created for yourself? What goals are you currently pursuing?

and...

Do you hear the clock ticking? If so, what do you make it mean? What is it you're waiting for?

By the way, I chose this particular watch for a reason. See that little key? We each have one. It's the key to open ourselves up to anything we choose to pursue. What does your key unlock?

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
I want to alert my writer friends of a wonderful new agency with a kick-ass logo. Upstart Crow consists of agents Michael Stearns, Chris Richman, and Danielle Chiotti. They're website is easy to navigate, and their blog is a breath of fresh air in its honesty and availability to writers. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
You have read this article art of transformation / inspiration / making your dreams come true / time passing / Upstart Crow Literary with the title Don't Let Time Command at All, Just Make Sure You Hear it Call.... You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/08/don-let-time-command-at-all-just-make.html. Thanks!