I'd Like to Thank My First Grade Teacher...

I haven't received an award in awhile, nor have I given one out. All that's about to change. The lovely Karen Walker from Karen...following the whispers was kind enough to honor me with the wonderful Superior Scribbler Award. How sweet is that? I'd like to thank my family, cats, and Mrs. Stenz, my first grade teacher for teaching me how to write. She had no idea what her teaching skills would reap. I'm sure she couldn't have imagined such breathtaking awards coming down the pike for at least one of her incredibly short students.

So, here's the deal. I need to somehow elect a mere five blogs to pass this auspicious award on to, which is ridiculously hard to do. First of all, here's the award in all its awesome glory:
For the record, and I mean this with all my heart, the blogs I follow all deserve this award. So, if I haven't named you here, feel free to hop on the Superior Scribbler train and take this award with my blessing.

However, here are the "proper" rules:
  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

  2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.

  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
So, here are Write on Target's Super Scribbler recipients:

1) My dear friend, Beth of Nutwood Junction fame. She is one of the most prolific bloggers I know, and every one of her posts are well thought-out and informative. Plus, she's got an awesome husband. Thanks, Beth, for always lighting up my day!

2) Mandy the Magnificent. Her blog Mandy's Life After 30 is heartwarming, funny, and well-written. I'm so glad we've recently found each other.

3) Can you say "soul sister?" That's what Penny Roberts aka PenPen of Sugar Spun Dreams is to me. I love, love, love her posts. The pictures she finds are pretty enough to eat (of course, they're often of cupcakes and other French pastries), the music on her blog is THE coolest, and most importantly, we share a deep love for Katy Perry.

4) The lovely Rebecca over at Provocation of Mine (D) is one of those writers who keeps you coming back for more. Her honesty and humor are contagious, or at least I hope they are! She's tall, beautiful, and incredibly talented.

5) If you're feeling a little naughty, try Deborah over at The Peach Tart. This trashy Southern Belle will surprise you and make you blush. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

And, I would be completely amiss if I didn't pause to congratulate one of my favorite on-line pals, Kiersten White. Kiersten is a YA writer who not only snagged the attention of the brilliant agent Michelle Wolfson, but has just received a three-book deal with HarperTeen. Her first book of the three, Paranormalcy, will be released next year. Yay, Kiersten! I'm continuing to do the East Coast Happy Dance for you, though, I must admit, my legs are getting VERY tired! (Oh, and please send Laptop my love.)

Do yourself a favor and visit these award-winning blogs, and all of the award-deserving blogs listed on my site. It's an honor and a pleasure to be on this writing journey with so many talented, funny, and truly lovely writers. Thanks to you all for making my life that much richer.;-)
You have read this article Kiersten White / Superior Scribbler Award with the title I'd Like to Thank My First Grade Teacher.... You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-like-to-thank-my-first-grade-teacher.html. Thanks!