So Many Books, So Little Time

First of all, let's hear a round of wild applause for Daisy Whitney! She graciously led a beginner's YA class here, and I, for one, am much wiser for it. In addition to her instruction, she sent me five YA books to read:

The Opposite of Love and After You by Julie Bauxbaum; Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott, Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers, and Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. As soon as I finish Allison Winn Scotch's Time of My Life and my own new YA novel, I'm going to dive in to these tasty gems headfirst.

THIS WEEK:
We actually played two "shows" (and I use the term "show" loosely) this week. The first was at my honey's work, and the second was last night when we had the good fortune to play the Diving Cat Studio & Gallery again. The picture on the left is me waiting for our roadies to come help haul in the equipment where my honey works. Oh, wait! I forgot. We are the roadies!

The other pics are from the Diving Cat. Have I told you how amazing that place is? I haven't? Well, it's amazing! We tried out some new/old songs like "Heaven" by the Psychedelic Furs and "Never Comes the Day" by the Moody Blues. Here I am with my friend, Joanne's cowboy hat. What do you think, should I move to Wyoming and buy a horse? No? You guys are smarter than I give you credit for.

IN OTHER NEWS...
I'm plowing through my YA novel at breakneck speed, however I'm up to a very delicate point in the story. The main character, who has a particular gift/power just found out her boyfriend has a power that could weaken or even kill her. She has to decide whether or not to go forward with the relationship and how to keep his power at bay. Plus, there's the matter of New Year's Eve and the Senior Prom. You have to have a date for things like that, right? Damn, life can get complicated! (Yup, that's my son, Ethan, and his beautiful girlfriend Meghan at their prom in May. Please don't ask me what was up with the Unibomber shades...)

IN EVEN MORE NEWS...
I'm heading to Denver on Tuesday for a whirlwind week with my family. I'll finally get to meet my new niece, Devyn Rae, and fawn all over her. I'm duly prepared with a few choice additions to her already Paris Hilton-rivaling wardrobe. Also, my family and I will be entertaining my parents on Saturday night at a party to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. The theme is the 1950's, so be prepared to see pics of me in a poodle skirt upon my return. (By "prepared," I mean you may want to slip something 40-proof in your coffee before viewing the pics. Don't say I didn't warn you.) I'll also be having lunch with some writing types including the woman who led a workshop at the Backspace Conference in May, my editor on a previous novel, and possibly an agent.

Also, I'm hoping to have another very special guest appearance on my blog in the next week or so, so stay tuned for that...

So, tell me, my friends, what books are you reading or looking forward to reading?
You have read this article Daisy Whitney / Denver / Diving Cat Studio / Senior Prom / YA novel with the title So Many Books, So Little Time. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/10/so-many-books-so-little-time.html. Thanks!