The Start of The Fall

FALL IN MANY WAYS
When I was 17, I wrote a song called, "The Start of The Fall." It was early autumn when I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me with my best friend. I didn't care so much about the boyfriend, but the best friend part cut me to the core. The song had many meanings: a fall from grace; loss of innocence; changing of the seasons; loss of trust.

I think the song is relevant for the current hardship we're collectively experiencing. The fall of the worldwide financial markets is frightening and a definite wake-up call. How will we emerge from this free fall? Will life as we've come to know it be a thing of the past? Will we ever trust in our home values or 401k's again? We don't know the answers right now. All we can do is hold tightly to each other and hope for the best. Hopefully, the start of this fall will be short-lived and we'll all come out not too badly bruised...

RECONNECTING - WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
Part of this trip to Denver has been filled with glorious reconnections with dear friends from the past. Like today, for example. What a wonderful treat to meet with my high-school friend, Cindy - a beautiful, vivacious, politically-minded gal. Catching up on thirty years of life is not easy to do in an hour, but it is well worth the effort! She is happily married with no kids (which may explain the happy marriage), a great job, and I found out she loves to play golf and read. What a sea change from my memories of smoking pot and listening to Neil Young together! And I'm looking forward to seeing Tom, one of my best HS buddies. I remember him in full KISS regalia and make-up before we went to see them in concert. And, Bill - a guy I met through work - and his lovely wife, Lorraine. Their loyal friendship is a true blessing. And, Kathleen, my dear, Republican friend (I do have some!) who is as beautiful inside and out as her home - the most spectacular I've ever seen. Watching her gracefully overcome colon cancer was simply inspiring.

I am so lucky to have such amazing people in my life. I only hope I have given them a tiny slice of the love, support, tenderness, laughter and joy that they have given me. During these difficult times, it is most important for us to stay even closer together - let's never forget, we're all in this together!
You have read this article with the title The Start of The Fall. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/the-start-of-fall.html. Thanks!