Come On, Vogue...!

$150,000 Shopping Spree
First of all, either pinch me or wake me up. I must be dreaming! One of my biggest dreams has just come true! A $150,000 shopping spree at Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's and Saks! Awkward, that Sarah Palin is in the middle of this fabulously amazing dream, but you know how strange dreams can be. And, really, who am I to argue? I'll take a dream come true any way I can find it!

OK, let me get this straight. While running on the premise of cutting wasteful government spending and reducing the pork barrel that's poisoning our economy, our dear Ms. Palin (is the use of "Ms." as opposed to "Mrs." too feminist for Caribou Barbie?) has spent over $150,000 on clothing in the past six weeks. How does one synchronize those opposing viewpoints in one's mind? (And I ask the following question as a certified, 12-step shopaholic: How does one spend $150,000 on clothes in only six weeks?) That's easy! Charity! How convenient. The RNC who paid for the duds will be donating all those great $1500 Neiman Marcus jackets to charity. That was a good save. I'm sure someone in the PR department got a nice pat on the back (or, more likely, a $10,000 shopping spree at Saks) for coming up with that one on the fly! I'd really love to hear how the Jane Six-Packs of the world can justify such "elitist" behavior from their adorable fundamentalist rock star.

And while the bottom of the ticket is busy pumping thousands into the death-spiraling economy, the top of the ticket is busy spouting nonsense about how Obama will "say anything to get elected." Hmmm. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Let me see. In recent days The Dynamic Duo have spent countless breaths spotlighting important issues like Bill Ayers and Acorn, while Obama has been on point regarding ways to resuscitate our failing economy. Yet, Obama is the one who will say whatever it takes to win? What utter nonsense. How about sending Obama and his grandmother healing thoughts and prayers? Nah. Although that would be the Christian thing to do, it would be way too civilized. And, the Republican campaign has been a lot of things, but civilized is certainly not one of them.

I had dinner tonight with my dear friend, Donna - a multi-generational Philly girl - and some folks she works with. One gal, Abby, is a Republican by birth yet a Democrat by nature. By that I mean, she's afraid she'll get written out of her grandmother's will if she were caught voting for a Democrat (her words, not mine), yet she agrees with a lot of Democratic issues (my words, not hers). What's a poor Republocrat to do? I told her to come out of the Democratic closet and vote her conscience. The interesting thing is that - like many Republicans I know - she's completely unfamiliar with the details of the candidate's plans. We were discussing health care, for example, and she figured that because McCain wants to give folks $5000 towards health care and Obama wants to insure the currently uninsured, that McCain is a far better choice. "Why?" my husband the doctor asked. "That's simple," she said, "Why should I help pay for health care for all those lazy people out there who don't work and don't want to get a job?" If that's not towing the Republican party line, then I don't know what is. Everyone out there who is struggling deserves what they get. God forbid anyone should get a hand-out. Not out of my hard earned tax dollars! They're all just a bunch of lazy slobs, anyway. Let's continue to ignore them and hope they'll go away. Oh, and let's make sure they have no access to birth control so they can bless the world with more unwanted babies. After all, that's what Jesus would want!

Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to go watch the Phillies lose Game 2.
You have read this article with the title Come On, Vogue...!. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/come-on-vogue.html. Thanks!