This is the Week...

This is the week - the week I move out of the place I've called "home" - the week I move into my own, beautiful, new place - the week I step gracefully and gratefully from one life into another. 

I never thought such a time would come. I thought I'd be married "forever." But, life isn't always fair; it doesn't always go as planned.

Along this sometimes rocky journey I've learned a lot. I've learned:
  • Who my real friends are;
  • Whom I can trust;
  • My family is my greatest treasure; 
  • I can live on my own and not make a complete mess of things;
  • I can write as many drafts of a story as it takes to get it to where it needs to be;
  • My boyfriend is my love and my rock;
  • My children are amazing beyond my wildest dreams; 
  • I am my own best friend;
  • It's okay to ask for help.
For these lessons, I'm deeply grateful. To those who helped me climb out of the darkness and back into the light, I'm forever in your debt. 

This is the week - the week I take back control - the week I step forward into the rest of my life.  

Each of us is like a diamond, glaring in the light
Yet, blindfolds of our own design keep us in the night
Each of us is like a diamond, tainted, rare, and true
Striving to express our inner souls, our inner truths

Life takes turns we'd not imagined, choices strange are made

A shell game full of love and traitors, painful, aching shame
Our paths, they crisscross on and on, an ancient dance unnamed
One is here and one is out there, random as the rain

Diamonds II (Random as the Rain) by Debra Lynn Lazar, 9.15.2010
You have read this article lessons learned with the title This is the Week.... You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/this-is-week.html. Thanks!