You Say It's My Birthday, We're Gonna Have a Good Time!

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.... Happy Birthday to me! (And many more...)

I know this is a bit cryptic, but guess what? TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY! Good thing I told you, or you never would have guessed, right?

In some circles, it might be considered "tacky" or "self-indulgent" or "conceited" to dedicate a whole post to one's own birthday. But, you know what? I don't care. And, do you know why I don't care? BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

And, I share my special day with some pretty special folks:

Brad Pitt
Steven Spielberg
Keith Richards
Christina Aquilera
Katie Holmes
Brian Orser (figure skater)
Leonard Maltin (film critic)
Steven Biko (anti-apartheid activist)
Betty Grable
Paul Klee (painter)
Ty Cobb (baseball player)

Anyway, you get the picture - I'm in some pretty freaking awesome company.

If you couldn't tell, I'm part of a family where life is celebrated, birthdays being first and foremost. The day you came into the world was and always will be the most special day of your life. There would be others, like your anniversary, spouse's birthday, kid's birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, New Year's, etc., but your birthday would always remain number one. If you can't fully celebrate/love yourself, then you can't fully celebrate/love another.

My family's still that way, celebrating all the important milestones in life. In fact, they threw a kick-ass party for me just last month for my miraculous agent-snag (I love you, Bernadette!!!) and we're planning a family cruise for me and my mom's "high profile" birthdays next year.

I'm lucky and grateful to have been born into a family that appreciates life enough to celebrate it so fully. I'm also lucky and grateful to have people who comfort and support each other in the bad times as well. Of course, we have our squabbles and our brilliant humor can be biting, but we are always each others' best friends. Always. If I had one wish, it would be that every child in the world be born into a loving family like mine. Many of the world's problems would evaporate instantly.

So, my friends, today is my day (and Brad's and Christina's and Steven's and Katie's and Keith's, etc.) So, please join me in wishing me (us!) a very Happy Birthday.

(Thank you, God, for giving me a reason to put this wildly delicious picture on my blog. I owe you. Big time.)

Speaking of wildly delicious, bring on the chocolate cake!!!
You have read this article Brad Pitt / Christina Aguilera / Happy Birthday with the title You Say It's My Birthday, We're Gonna Have a Good Time!. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/12/you-say-it-my-birthday-we-gonna-have.html. Thanks!