Gratitude: The New Black or Have I Told You Lately That I Thank You?

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and read the interview with Allison Winn Scotch and to those of you who commented. It's so important that we writers support each other to the best of our abilities and share our experiences to help others along the path. I admire Allison for her talent, generosity, and ability to inspire, and thank her for sharing her story with us here on my humble blog.

I also want to thank the writing community on Twitter. The support of fellow writers, both published and unpublished, along with many supportive agents, blows my mind on a daily basis.

In addition, a big thank you for the enthusiastic support I've received regarding my announcement about writing my first YA novel. This last week has been so exciting! I'm in awe of the muse. Simply in awe. I've written 13k words in five days, and they've been the easiest, most naturally-flowing words in my life. I still have that fear when I first sit down to write that nothing will come, but it's mixed with excitement - I can't wait to see what happens next! When I'm a bit further along, I promise to share more about the title and what the story's about. My deep thanks go to the writing gods. I bow to thee. (FYI: Go to atom.smash.org to create these AMAZING signs! Special thanks to my particularly cool blogging buddy Beth for the link.)

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but the magic of writing has been so in my face this week that I thought I'd share it again. Even if you've seen it, take the time to watch through it once more. If you're a writer or an artist, you'll get it. If you're not, but have a close friend or relative that has an artistic bent, this may help you understand them better.

And, of course, the biggest thanks go out to my family and friends who bring me more joy than I could have ever wished for, and certainly far more than I deserve. The fact that I get to share my life with them is, as Sarah Silverman would say, beyond.

Have a wonderful weekend y'all, and make sure you say a special prayer of thanks to the people who've helped you along your path and who continue to be your love and support. Tell them what they mean to you every chance you get. Sharing your life with them is nothing short of miraculous, and for miracles, we must always be grateful.
You have read this article Allison Wynn Scotch / Elizabeth Gilbert / gratitude / miracles / thankfulness with the title Gratitude: The New Black or Have I Told You Lately That I Thank You?. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/09/gratitude-new-black-or-have-i-told-you.html. Thanks!