The 4 R's: Reading, Riting, Relaxing and... Romance?

What do you do for relaxation? Do you ever stop writing? I don't. I said to my husband last night that we should go on a cruise. That way I'd have limited internet access. "Yes, honey," he said. "But you could still write." Damn it! I hate when he's right.

Part of me thinks I should take writing breaks every now and then, and part of me thinks that's the dumbest idea I ever had. Why would I? What would I do? I know, I could read! In fact, that is one of the things I'm planning on doing over the next four glorious days.

"There is nothing more blissful my eyes can see, than me and thee by the beautiful sea."


And Allison Winn Scotch's TIME OF MY LIFE, which I've started reading and can't put down.

So, I'll dig my toes into the sand, take walks along the beach, jump a few waves, and read! That sounds good. That's not writing. Then we'll have nice dinners and walk along the boardwalk. That's not writing, either. Then I'll go back to our lovely room at the quaint B&B in Avon by the Sea and I'll..... WRITE! Yes, that's what I'll do, I'll write! After all, I still need to meet my 1,000 word/day mark, don't I? Of course, I do, silly!

So, that's the plan. Relaxing, reading, toe-digging, beach-walking, wave-jumping, and writing. And who knows - maybe even a little romance...

Now, that's what I call a vacation!

You have read this article Allison Wynn Scotch / beach / reading / vacation / Writing with the title The 4 R's: Reading, Riting, Relaxing and... Romance?. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/09/the-4-r-reading-riting-relaxing-and.html. Thanks!