It's My Mama's Birthday!

I'm straying from my writing posts today to give a major shout-out to the world's most wonderful person - my mom. Today is her birthday and there are no words with which to properly express my deep thanks and appreciation for all she's done for me.

My mom had all four of her daughters between December of 1960 and December of 1969. She and my dad worked hard to raise us girls to be honest, confident, kind, successful peeps, and, if I do say so myself, she's done a fairly kick-ass job.

Judy, or Judith as she prefers to called, was a severe asthmatic as a child, but she has never been one to let anything stop her. She continued on with college throughout the births of her girls, and received her BA at the age of 38. She is the past president of the Western Section of MGMA, a large medical organization, and she has been the Business Administrator for a medical practice in Denver for over 30 years.

My mom has always been the type to nurture and support her friends, family, and even strangers on the street (or at a conference or on a cruise ship). She's that kind of gal. But, two and half years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She took it like a trouper, endured the chemo, radiation, and surgery; the humiliation and exhaustion, and thanks to The All, she is cancer-free. It knocked her down pretty low for a while, but my mom's a fighter. She bounced back up like one of those toys I had when I was a kid- you'd punch it, and it would come right back up again (what were those called?). That's my mom.

So, here's to you, Judy. You are my rock, my inspiration, my mirror for all things good in the world and all that I aspire to be. Thank you for putting up with my sh*t for lo these many years. God knows, it couldn't have been easy.;-)

I love you with all my heart and soul. Thank you. Happy Birthday.
You have read this article Happy Birthday / Mom with the title It's My Mama's Birthday!. You can bookmark this page URL http://loriescorner.blogspot.com/2009/09/it-my-mama-birthday.html. Thanks!